Finance Manager (Shipping Company)
Job reference: VHR/FINM/1502201. Please quote this reference number when discussing this position with us.
- Provide support to Operations and Accounts department and group through information analyses (e.g. current processes, actual performance versus budget and prior year, budget and others).
- Preparation of operational data and analyses for publication to various constituents throughout company (Management, Commercial, Operations and others) who rely on / benefit from the information to make informed business decisions.
- Primary responsibilities will include assisting Operations team in the Monthly Operations Review, identification of areas for cost reductions and operational improvements, annual budget process, periodic forecasting, and periodic analysis of operations performance.
- Prepare monthly analysis of cost of goods sold and operational expenses against prior year and budget, providing explanations and business solutions to help mitigate the risks.
- Analyse financial performance against key business metrics and document pertinent financial highlights that will enable management to determine progress against budgets.
- Monthly Management Reporting to Managing Director.
- Identify, investigate, and analyse potential operational improvements. As appropriate, based on findings make proposal for operational changes (policy, procedures, processes, etc.)
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Understand and follow company rules and regulations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned and required.
- Oversee Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable and ensure a disaster recovery plan is in place.
- Oversee business insurance plans and health care coverage analysis.
- Oversee the maintenance of the inventory of all fixed assets.
- Ensure adequate controls are installed and that substantiating documentation is approved and available such that all purchases may pass independent and governmental audits if/where necessary.
- Oversee all purchasing and payroll activity for staff and participants.
- Supervise staff, including regular progress reviews and plans for improvement.
- Communicate effectively in both written and verbal form.
- Multinational shipping company, have more than 30 years experience, operate in 20 countries and opened over 70 offices globally.
- Three to five years plus of experience in a similar position; experience with operations preferred and strong track record. References a must.
- Have good motivation, work well with people, aggressively anticipate impacts of workload/issues to team deadlines and have a very positive work attitude
- Strong experience in income statement analysis.
- Advanced Excel skills, ability to work with lookups and pivot tables.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Tally or equivalent, and Business Intelligence, a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated to learn new concepts and participate in new projects.
- Understanding of Tax practices related to Shipping Industry
Salary and benefits:
- Attractive salary package
- Health insurance
- Personal Tax
- Festive Bonus
- Social Insurance
Browse jobs based on industry
- Architecture/Design Interior
- Automation System and Instrumentation
- Bank/Insurance and Finance
- Constructions / Civil / Engineering
- Engineering Procurement Construction
- Fast Moving Consumer Goods / FMCG
- Heavy Equipment
- Hospitality/Food & Beverages/Restaurant/Hotel
- Legal/Law Firm
- Oil and Gas/Energy
- Property/Real Estate
- Services Mining and Oil & Gas
- Social Services/NGO
- Textile/Garment Machinary
- Water technology